Project Scope: The project analyzes the communication between a telnet client and a server. The telnet client is installed on windows and the server on Linux platform. The stages of communication like TCP 3way handshake for client-server establishment, authentication and data transfer is studied in detail. Wireshark packet analyzer is used for the project
Sample Project study areas:
1. TCP 3 way handshake between telnet client and server
2. Identify how telnet data communication achieved.
3. Effect of Telnet traffic in a Natting environment.
4. Identify how the reliability of telnet traffic is achieved.
5. Security issues with telnet traffic and associated mitigation.